Sunday, February 21, 2010

YES for Bikram Yoga!

I hadn't been as active as I'd hoped this last week. I reached out to a friend and she agreed to meet me for yoga yesterday. After going almost a week with very little activity my mind and body feel so much more alive today. I was more alert in class and I slept like a baby last night.

I began my first yoga class about 5 years ago and started practicing Bikram just about 3 years ago. I continue to do multiple disciplines on a weekly basis (Vinyasa, Ashtanga, etc.) There is something about Bikram that detoxes my mind and body the way nothing has been able to do.



Bikram Yoga according to his website:

Bikram's Beginning Yoga Class is a twenty-six asana series designed to scientifically warm and stretch muscles, ligaments and tendons, in the order in which they should be stretched.

Bikram Yoga's twenty-six posture exercises systematically move fresh, oxygenated blood to one hundred percent of your body, to each organ and fiber, restoring all systems to healthy working order, just as Nature intended. Proper weight, muscle tone, vibrant good health, and a sense of well-being will automatically follow.

Bikram teaches you not only the ideal pose - how you will eventually be able to do it - but also the reality - telling you what problems you will have as you try to do the pose, what clues will help you make rapid progress, and where you might be tempted to "cheat," thus depriving yourself of the benefit of doing the pose properly. Bikram explains to you, in his inimitable humorous and informative way, how his scientifically designed series of twenty-six poses will enhance mind and body, relax, strengthen, reshape, and heal all of you in 90 minutes.

No comments: